If I were 10 years old and had lived in Denmark all my life, and should move to Akwa Ibom, I do not think I would survive. I would be used to having unnecessary things, clothes, food and a home with walls, doors, beds, clean water and electricity. If all that was taken from me and I had to move to Akwa Ibom with my parents and 5 siblings, we would suffer more than the African people. I would feel helpless and sad. I would be so lost in memories of my old life, instead on getting used to my new life in Africa. Maybe I would kill myself.
If my parents would join the crazy churches and my siblings would die because of the pollution, I would be doomed.
But this is something nobody knows, you can only find out, if you go there and live there.
If I was born in Akwa Ibom and had always lived there, I think my chance of survival would be different. I would have no money, dirty water and maybe I would be a member of one of the crazy churches. But then it would be normal and I would never know that a child’s life could be much better, because I had never experienced it. My life would be miserable, because my needs and my wishes as a child would never come true. I would die young and only live to survive and not live to live. I would feel abandoned if my parents died or I was left alone to live in the streets. I would feel like a nobody among everybody.
Ingen kommentarer:
Send en kommentar